Forum

LOL at this site
Dick Tucker wrote
at 11:25 PM, Monday May 23, 2016 EDT
I told you long ago... this site was doomed, along with the other 2 sister sites. I have always said the moderators at the top and the "die hards" who just are not friendly with outsiders are to blame. I told you years ago (search it, quite possibly on kdice side) that this site was going down hill unless a moderator overhaul happened and people who were not power tripping idiots were put in place.

That hasn't happened. Welcome to 2016 the year of 20-30 people at most online tops. LOL. Pathetic.

Replies 1 - 10 of 17 Next › Last »
Bama Girl wrote
at 4:15 PM, Tuesday May 24, 2016 EDT
You sir, and I use that term with great hesitance, are the one who is pathetic. The moderators we have do an outstanding job considering the tools they are given to work with, and we are thankful for the work they put in. The need for more moderators who actually play on site is a concern that only Ryan can address. As to your comment that the so called "die hards" are not being friendly with outsiders, you would be wrong. There are many players here who go out of their way to welcome, and assist newcomers to the site.
If however, you were speaking of us not being friendly to you... I would suggest you find a less offensive avatar, and refrain from name calling at the tables.
Better yet, stick with kdice and let them enjoy your magnetic personality...
big al wrote
at 4:19 PM, Tuesday May 24, 2016 EDT
well said bama
BrownEyeFullOfH8 wrote
at 4:28 PM, Tuesday May 24, 2016 EDT
well said big al
*Dont Be Mad* wrote
at 4:34 PM, Tuesday May 24, 2016 EDT
Well said Bama :o) shhhhh trouble lol. This person has a past history of not following the rules on either site, check out his/her reviews.
Haywood JaBlome wrote
at 9:08 PM, Tuesday May 24, 2016 EDT
9 PM EST.......only 9 playing on all the tables..
Things have got better??
Dick Tucker wrote
at 12:58 AM, Wednesday May 25, 2016 EDT
Before I said a word I watched people say "gl" to every person at the table but me. I've seen this done to other new people. It's not just this site, and to be fair, it's definitely more based on experiences at kdice, but it certainly happens here. The moderators on all these site run the range from awesome to bad, I don't care what anyone says, but their are mods who will tell you certain other mods are trash, simple as that. Just like real life not everyone is going to be gold, and when reality is accepted it can be fixed.

I only make posts like this because I enjoy these sites. I am a member, I donate money and have been around since the beginning and want this site to grow, not continue its slow death.

If you think my avatar from the movie Silence of the Lambs (Buffalo Bill scene) is offensive I apologize, it wasn't meant to be and contains no actual nudity. I don't get how it could upset an adult, but hey, to each their own and it was used as something to get a chuckle out of it, like 90% who see it do, not offend anyone or make anyone uncomfortable.

You can not like me for whatever reason, think my sense of humor is bad or my attitude after getting fished out of a tournament not to be great, but I am not lying when I say there is a issue. Numbers don't lie. Stats don't lie.
Bama Girl wrote
at 7:44 AM, Wednesday May 25, 2016 EDT
There is certainly no denying there has been a sharp decline in the number of players who are playing Gpokr at any given time. However, I believe your post was directed towards the wrong people. I have watched many good players leave, and most of them due to the constant lag, horrible server, and ridiculous non-random card generator. These are issues that only Ryan can address, and in my opinion that is where the blame must be placed, not on the moderators who work non-stop to make the site a better place, nor on the people who choose to play here.
I did play a members tourney with you Dick, and you are correct in the fact that no one told you nh or gg. But, in all fairness you did not speak to any of us until you suffered a bad beat, and decided that was your invitation to call the player who beat you names, insult their play, and leave the table.
As for your avatar, I am an adult, and certainly not a prude. However, I find it to be a bit off putting at the least and would not feel comfortable starting a conversation with you because of it.
It is not my intention to offend you, or argue with you, I just wish you would direct the blame towards Ryan, as he is the only one with the power to fix the real issues with the site.
Best wishes & good luck!
Haywood JaBlome wrote
at 3:57 PM, Wednesday May 25, 2016 EDT
Wouldn't be nice if Ryan backed his mods with a few kind words???
but then he stays silent on all issues....
Dick Tucker wrote
at 5:36 PM, Wednesday May 25, 2016 EDT
Ryan is a problem Bama, I agree 100%. However, there is major issues (again, probably mostly on the KDice side) that are specifically the moderators fault. The problems I have had with moderators in the past are really minor (it looks bad on my review list but look at length of ban, like a day or a week, obv not major/or strictly related to avatar/chat), but I have seen favoritism used and blatant breaking of rules or over use of power. Mod's have driven people away, as have many of the people who play here (kdice included) who are absolute die hards and care probably too much (especially KDice side).

As far as our interaction I will admit I was taken back to watch 2 people say "gl" to every single person at the table BUT me. Then the chat started and the "gh" and "n1" comments came to everyone else BUT me again. I had a bit of a attitude I'll admit, and then I got beat on a hand I had 95% odds to win and I lost my cool, for that I apologize. You really shouldn't not want to talk to me, I obviously have a sense of humor (look at my name for Christ sake haha/inside joke.. was called a 'puss' and told to 'tuck my dick and run' at a kdice table..thus I was born again) and I really am not a bad guy, despite my occasional outburst in disgust at the "ESPN World Series of Poker highlights engine" Ryan built.. I call it that because its clear whoever built it watch a ton of ESPN poker beforehand, thinking every hand saw a major comeback or pair vs pair showdowns lol.

I really don't dislike the mods in general, or even the players.. but I do hate to see a new person (like myself to this side or others) come to a site (here or kdice) and feel alienated. I also don't want to lose the few die hard's we have either, so there has to be a happy medium. We also need to find a way to draw players back or new players in. How much of this rest all of Ryan? I dunno..probably a lot, but sometimes when the main guy isn't stepping up to the plate someone else needs to step up and step in...been waiting for that somebody else for years now.
Bama Girl wrote
at 11:31 AM, Saturday May 28, 2016 EDT
I tried to be nice to you, and take your word the you really aren't a bad guy! However, after seeing your reviews of both dpmakeit, and FRANKLE. I see that my first impression of you stands. You are pathetic!!!
For you to think for a moment that such a comment, would serve as a compliment shows that you have the social skills of a rat, and probably spend a great deal of time learning to love your hand...
. Please go back to kdice, and stat there!!!
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary