Forum

Why do you all hate me?
Dick Tucker wrote
at 4:45 PM, Sunday June 18, 2017 EDT
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask a simple question and have people explain to me where maybe I am overlooking something I have done wrong. But.. why do you all seem to hate me?

What have a I done to you in the past to make you just not like me? I know how it started, you hated my avatar. I get it, it was a little raunchy but on the sister site (kdice) other players and mods saw it and found it humorous. It's okay though, it was changed, banned, changed again, banned again. 1 mod would say "yeah, thats fine but nothing worse" and the next second another mod would come to be saying "we have a complaint about your new avatar, please remove it". Did I find it a little ridiculous? Sure, but never once did I refuse to remove the avatar. I wasn't looking to make trouble, I was just trying to get some smiles.

Then, I made a few comments to certain people, including leaving reviews stating my feelings about the person play style. Not personal insults, not name calling, simple things like "plays poorly, will call anything" or a paragraph explaining why I felt their play style was poor or explained how they were playing in a negative way. For this I apologize. Even though I made no personal insults, no cussing or anything truly offensive I understand now I should have just said it at the table in a more polite manner or just left it alone and left the table. This again I apologize for and do wish I had not done.

But outside of that, I feel I have been either silent or friendly to anyone else. I may crack a joke here or there and not be a real "serious" type person, but I don't feel I've ever gone out of my way to give anyone trouble.

I have also had to take abuse from what I call the "lifers" of this site being the new guy. Especially when you are new, have a avatar they may not like, and usually stays quiet and doesn't partake in the chat when playing poker. Its not personal, I just like to chill and listen to music when playing cards not chit chat as much. So if you say "nh" or beat me and expect "nh' given don't be upset please when I don't respond, I'm not being a jerk, I'm simply just not even paying attention to chat.

Nothing I have ever done was done out of spite, it was just in fun or jest and nothing has ever been personal. I have no dislike or hatred towards any of you and just want to find out what it is about me that just drives some of you crazy so I can try to go about not doing it and avoid future conflict.

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
***Insane*** wrote
at 6:33 PM, Sunday June 18, 2017 EDT
Hate is a very strong word. I dont, I just dont like your opinions which alot are insulting or offending other players. I also dont like your drawn out posts that mean nothing like bingo is offensive. Speaking only for myself.
Dick Tucker wrote
at 10:21 PM, Sunday June 18, 2017 EDT
Fair enough, but can I ask what specifically you saw me say to someone that bugged you? Was it just saying "nice chase fish" or saying "you donked out"? If so, I don't see that as any worse then calling someone a bingo player since its also a insult based completely on play and in no way personal.

I appreciate your feedback though and will try better in the future to avoid saying anything to anyone that can be construed as possibly negative.
Bama Girl wrote
at 12:05 AM, Monday June 19, 2017 EDT
The fact that you feel the need to ask such a question show's either an insecurity issue, or a moment of self reflection.
When my children were young I told them that if more than one person had a problem with them, then just maybe it was their behavior or attitude was the problem, and they should really take a moment to search themselves, their hearts, and how they are treating those around them. Maybe you should do the same.
I don't hate you. However,your behavior I do hate.
Your constant need for attention good or bad, your false accusations of long standing players being rude to newcomers, your voiced views of the mods on site that have actually tolerated more from you than they ever should have, your offensive avatars, and last but not least, the fact that you falsely believe that placing poems or quotes of a sexual nature on a woman's reviews who neither knows or likes you would be seen as a reason for them to laugh or smile.
Wait! You don't actually believe it for a minute because you have been warned before and did it again anyways The truth is, it is your nasty nature to do the above mentioned things, and you don't care who you offend or what we really think. So, why ask?
***Insane*** wrote
at 1:26 AM, Monday June 19, 2017 EDT
Answer to your question, for myself was when i would look at reviews and you had written 10 out of 12 of them, crticing peoples play. Some being our lifers/best players of the site.
super pebble wrote
at 6:34 AM, Monday June 19, 2017 EDT
clearly an attention seeker
Dick Tucker wrote
at 1:26 PM, Monday June 19, 2017 EDT
Ok lets start:

Insane: Thank you. I appreciate the examples and figured that's what it was. I apologize if you feel my criticizing of players play is offensive. I will refrain from commenting on players play, even if I find it irregular or poor. That's my fault as the new guy taking shots and not expecting some backlash. I guess I had a comfort level from kdice that most would know I'm just talking about the game and personally could be cool with that person and have no issues, but do see how that could be difficult on their end when they only know be as the guy who called their play style "poor".

Bama, I really appreciate that you went into depth. This is what I was looking for, and although I disagree on some of what you said I do value your opinion. I'm really not looking for attention, I was simply trying to break the ice. I understand suggestive reviews made to be funny don't come across as that when you already have a preset notion of that person being trouble. I also can understand that I rubbed people the wrong way being the new player who chastised the long time players. Regardless if they are good or bad at poker, I should have known better then being new and taking shots. I do disagree with your statement about me taking shots at mods. I have never been anything but polite to the mods of this site, this is probably why many of you feel I get special treatment. I always try to speak respectfully with them and explain my situation. What I have spoken about in the past regarding mods that could be seen as negative would be in regards to their seemingly lack of communication between sites. I was given the go-ahead for my avatar by mods on kdice only to be told to remove it or it being forcibly removed by gpokr mods. I find this confusing yes and stand by my statement more communication is needed or the sites need to be considered completely 100% separate. An Avatar ban is a small problem, but what if something major went down and someone lost playing privileges because one mod on one site says "yes" to something while a mod on the other says "no"? I truly think this could lead to future issues for others, not just myself personally. I also disagree with the notion I imagined being spoken down to or being called out by veterans of this site. My first day playing here I was harassed by several of the "lifers" from making fun of my name, asking me if I'm "gay" and just general comments such as "go back to kdice" or GL (insert names of everyplayer) except myself. I felt like an outsider, was treated as such, so I tried to be the funny guy and post love song lyrics or called someone a "milf" and yet again, somehow, I was the bad guy. I took some time away, came back and before I said a word there you were Bama, calling me out and telling me to "go back to kdice". I simply begged you to "stop it plz" and instead of others noticing your disposition towards me, they backed you up and told me to leave you alone.. the guy who only said "stop it plz" over and over. I thought it was over when I asked you to please leave me alone and I would gladly do the same. You said fine and I thought that was that. Then, 20 minutes later at a different table, I see you speaking ill of me, saying you "hate him (me)", and that "(I) he hates me". I have no animosity towards you other then the fact you seem to attack me every chance you get, so I found a teen romance noval, copy and pasted a paragraph that included no cussing or real vulgar language, but did suggest a 3-some. Was it immature of me a bit? Sure it was, I apologize and have apologized for it, at the time I thought it would make you giggle. I have since deleted it without any promise of ever being unmuted by any mod. I then watched you ask a mod "why would you be friends with that guy" and how you would only stomp me out if I was on fire.

Sometimes in life you need to look in the mirror and understand where you fail and where you succeed. I am trying to do this with this post, my hopes is to get this on the table, discuss it, if I am wrong I will man up and apologize for it and hopefully we can move on without issues in the future. I just want to be able to log on, relax and play some poker without feeling like every player around me is after me because once upon a time I upset people with a "youre a fish" comment or because I made a review as a laugh that may have been in poor taste.

I think whats clear here is there is a ton of miscommunication on all of our behalf's. I made posts I thought would be fun, and I misjudged. You thought I was a jerk because of the posts, thinking I did them out of spite or anger, and you misjudged.
I hope in the future we can at the very least be cordial, if not friendly. I appreciate you taking the time writing your response and I will do what I can in the future to avoid doing what you and others have issues with.

Thank you.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary