Forum

multitabling encouraged by gpokr?
black-rainbows wrote
at 5:37 AM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
3 out of 4 players playing the freeroll (leon6854, Phizz, and kacha_cha) were also seated at the Vrijdag Vijfs and at least one of them was sitting on my table at the VV playing both tourneys.

How is that even allowed or encouraged by gpokr?

Replies 1 - 10 of 10
black-rainbows wrote
at 5:39 AM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
Both tournaments started at the same time.
mini wrote
at 9:21 AM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
apparently it is, but only for a special few :)
KC 97 wrote
at 1:01 PM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
would be nice to know what freeroll and what table you were playing...usually best to copy and paste so we can look it up
mini wrote
at 1:08 PM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
Times of both events:

Vrijdag Vijfs 5 AM EDT
Europe Freeroll Noch 5 AM EDT

Results of Vrijdag Vijfs

http://gpokr.com/tournaments/33/stats/44936330

Results of Europe Freeroll Noch

http://gpokr.com/tournaments/47/stats/44936331

All 3 played hands in both
gnice37 wrote
at 2:24 PM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
this happens once a week because these tournaments play at the same time. no advisors for gpokr are online during this time. I am currently sending emails to all 3 players letting them know if it happens again they will lose play for a period of time. Thank you both for reporting this, we really appreciate it.
pocketaces24 wrote
at 5:09 PM, Friday April 10, 2020 EDT
It causes no problems, as you can see by it happening and nothing being affected. It's an arbitrary rule, probably to protect limited server resources in 2000s, but obviously the reason against it no longer exists -- these 3 players multitabled and site was unaffected.
mini wrote
at 7:47 AM, Friday April 24, 2020 EDT
@black-rainbows

so you report others for playing in both of these tourneys a couple of weeks ago, yet you do the very same thing today. btw, you are the only one who did.

Results of Vrijdag Vijfs
http://gpokr.com/tournaments/33/stats/44936935

Results of Europe Freeroll Noch
http://gpokr.com/tournaments/47/stats/44936936

show you played hands in both
black-rainbows wrote
at 7:56 AM, Friday April 24, 2020 EDT
Hey mini, good looking out. I actually didnâ??t play both, but it is true that I unintentionally signed up for both. When I work or study I sometimes look in twice during the hour to make sure that Insigned up for a tourney, this time I forgot that I had signed up for the ferroelectric already. Itâ??s actually now that I realize that one cannot see both tourneys when they run at the same time.

I encourage Greg to look into the record and check whether I played a single hand at the Vriidag tourney, which I know I didnâ??t. You can already see that I didnâ??t even get more than a blind back. I am absolutely fine with handing my 3rd place reward over to the player behind me.

But as you see, it cannot be compared to the other case which we both pointed out. And there I actually witnessed two players actually playing two tournaments, which is different.

My advice for Greg & Ryan, make sure that one cannot sign up for both tourneys OR show both tourneys so that everyone can choose a SINGLE one!
black-rainbows wrote
at 8:03 AM, Friday April 24, 2020 EDT
Btw had I known that I was signed up for Vrijdag Vijfs, I would have gladly played that one, which would have been far more rewarding in terms of cash-out. But I got busted in the free roll right away and closed all my windows. If it had been deliberate I would have switched to the other table, which I did not.
gnice37 wrote
at 7:15 PM, Friday April 24, 2020 EDT
Thanks for being honest black-rainbows and thanks for the post mini. I did review the hands and black-rainbows did not play any hands. Not 100 percent sure, but i believe these 2 tournaments happen to play at the same time just when day light savings time is used (March 8 - November 1). Unfortunately this is going to cause some issues, if you happen to notice that you joined by accident just sit out of one of the tournaments. If you do play both you will be subject to lose play for a period of time. I will talk to Ryan and see if it is daylight savings time that causes these 2 play at the same time or if it does it all the time. Hopefully we can get it moved if that is the issue. I will also ask ryan if there is anyway to code so you can join only 1 tournament at a time, although, i think that might cause problems if you are playing a tournament and try to join the next one. Will keep you posted on the outcome when i get a response from Ryan. Thanks for offering to give the chips to the other player but that is not necessary. Small tournaments sometimes will end up paying an awayer. It is a chance you have to take when joining them.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary