Forum

Random Algorithm
Langeveld wrote
at 9:49 AM, Saturday August 18, 2007 EDT
I'm wondering if Ryan could explain how randomness is "computed".

Sometimes I have the feeling that the odds are just impossible.

What are the odds for that in a table of 9 players, 2 guys have a pair of aces as their starting hands ?

Or that I got two times a pair of ace as a starting hand in less than 5 min ?

Dont get me wrong here. I am not whining. I am just concerned about the game experience.

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
dew wrote
at 10:03 AM, Saturday August 18, 2007 EDT
Sometimes it just happens....I haven't had pocket aces for 20 days (and i play alot) and today i had them twice!
dew wrote
at 10:07 AM, Saturday August 18, 2007 EDT
But i have also seen pretty weird things in normal tables... Also you have to consider that due the automatic dealing you get to play much more hands in online poker than in an actual table!
What you mentioned about the aces i have seen it only once in 9 months! but as everyone on this site i have my suspicions about the random algorithm. :D
gwangi wrote
at 5:42 PM, Saturday August 18, 2007 EDT
As an experiment I kept track of cards from hand to hand, ignoring suit. I found that cards that appear three or four times in one hand will appear in the next hand. I have used this knowlege as was able to win hands I normally would have folded. For example: three 7s and three 6s in one hand. The next hand I get 6 7 off suit. Someone raises, normally I would fold. The flop has a 6 7 and I win the hand. Three 9s in one hand. I get A 9 off suit. Someone goes all in. Normally I would fold. He as T T. I get three 9s and win the hand.
gwangi wrote
at 5:45 PM, Saturday August 18, 2007 EDT
One more thing, people leaving or joining the table appears to negatively affect the repeating cards.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary