Forum

The 32nd Day
cottonhead wrote
at 12:26 PM, Thursday November 1, 2007 EDT
I spent 31 days to reach the rank of third & on the 32nd I was passed. I don't even know by who but that's not really important. I like to play fair & treat others with respect. I can take losing but losing in this manner is unfair & very disappointing. I'll get over it but I will never forget it. There's not even & explanation that tells me why play was extended for so long after play should have been stopped. I was beaten out by a thief in the night but it's not their fault. The rules are the rules & it says nothing about a 32nd day. I start over today although I don't really feel like playing. I can only hope that in the future these types of errors want happen again.

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
Ryan wrote
at 1:03 PM, Thursday November 1, 2007 EDT
Yes, last night was a mistake on my part.

I hope to have the new code for the server running for the next change over which should make it smoother, (and automated).
These cards suck wrote
at 1:04 PM, Thursday November 1, 2007 EDT
Wurst was the one that over tok you by like 60k and I agree you were 3rd at the end of time however due to "RYAN" not stopping it till 8 hours later you ended up 4th
cAPSLOCK wrote
at 8:14 PM, Thursday November 1, 2007 EDT
I feel you man! I was there at the end losing my mind. People will say "It's just a game", or "You take this too seriously", or "It's just play money".

But the fact is you invest a considerable amount of 'leisure time' to play and that with skill and a little luck gets you where you need to be in the end. It is hard to see it washed out by mistake.

I don't envy Ryan, as creating a successful phenom like gpokr carries a lot of stress with only a little glory... But I am glad hes still interested in keeping the site running and automated...

Anyway.. great month Cotton.
noddin0ff wrote
at 8:41 PM, Thursday November 1, 2007 EDT
That sucks cotton, great playing though!
know_it_all wrote
at 12:39 AM, Saturday November 3, 2007 EDT
?
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary