Forum

GPokr, How-to
Ryan wrote
at 2:25 PM, Friday December 28, 2007 EST
I'm getting the new version ready and need a gpokr how-to. Does anybody here that's been playing for a while want to take a stab at it? I've had a contribution for kdice and it turned out well.

Replies 1 - 10 of 12 Next › Last »
tet3 wrote
at 2:46 PM, Friday December 28, 2007 EST
Where's the kdice how-to? So we can see what you're looking for.
Ryan wrote
at 3:27 PM, Friday December 28, 2007 EST
here's grunvagr's howto for kdice: http://www.aplayr.com/kdice/kdice/forum/topics/hey%20ry,%20have%20a%20look/

It's going to have its own page with a link on the left side and the writer will be credited.
No FP Im Back wrote
at 11:57 PM, Friday December 28, 2007 EST
Hmmmm
cAPSLOCK wrote
at 5:53 AM, Saturday December 29, 2007 EST
I'd be glad to.
Shark wrote
at 4:11 AM, Sunday December 30, 2007 EST
I would be glad to help, if my help is still needed!
gummo wrote
at 11:57 AM, Sunday December 30, 2007 EST
shark, capslock
yes, either or both of you would be perfect
Ryan wrote
at 4:45 PM, Sunday December 30, 2007 EST
Yeah I still need it. Maybe if multiple people are working on it you can post parts here and we can combine them together for the finished page.
Fat cow* wrote
at 7:41 AM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
ill have a stab at it ive been playing for a while ill type one up
Fat cow* wrote
at 8:28 AM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
Im new what do i do?

You have just created an account name and password for your gpokr account and you are ready to play. The 1st thing you should do is try and get to grips with Texas Holdem poker if you have never played before, if this is the case you can use this website: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/how-to-play-texas-holdem-poker.htm there are also many more sites buut if you still cant get to grips on how to play ask any of the other members who im sure would be happy to assist you.

I know how to play now what?

Once you know how to play sit in any of the $0/$5000 tables but scroll down the list as the tables at the top are normally full (9/9 people are seated)then you wait for the next hand to begin. You will be seated around the table depending on where there is a space availible.

What is the point of the game?

The purpose of playing gpokr is to try and get the most money over the monthly period, after each month the money you earned is reset and then it starts all over again for the next month.

How does the ranking system work?

If you get in the top 500 you get on the Gpokr leaderboard which is shown at the end of the month and also includes the all tme best (so the players who have gained the most medals)

If you get a finish in the 100-21st spot you earn yourself a white medal next to you name if you get a finish in the 4-20th spot you earn youself a blue medal.

3rd earns a bronze medal
2nd earns a silver medal
1st earns the gold medal (aim for this medal!)

So thats how the ranking system works each month.

So back to the game you play to win the most money and progress through the tables the more money you earn, you dont have to go to the higher tables but you earn more money if you do ... but you also lose more as well so do be careful.

There are 3 simple buttons on gpokr raise fold and call

raise: put more money in the pot then they have
call: decide to put the amount of money in someone else has
fold: fold your hand and wait for the next one

General Tips

-Dont keep going all in it wont get you very far in the later tables as you will just get owned.

-If you get a pair in your hand it doesnt mean you will always win - learn from this mistake

-Dont bluff too much as its more likely someone will have a good hand

-You are playing against humans. Humans are passionate creatures. Keep that in mind. (stole that one sorry)

-Betting isnt mandatory you can use the fold button :)

-remember to have fun it is only a game

-Remember anything can happen in gpokr expect someone to have a better hand

-Its not over till its over remember the river can get you out a sticky situation!

Ok its not finished and i missed out some of the basic rules but this is just as an outline as noone had typed anything else yet so expand your ideas etc from this one (i know its not perfect and may have spelling mistakes) :)

Fat cow* wrote
at 9:00 AM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
fatcow* = samwich btw :)
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary