Forum

NEW Refill Rule -- BAD IDEA
I'm_Bill_Bidwill wrote
at 11:47 AM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
The people at the lower tables, play the worst poker. Many players with large bank roles sit in that room and call people who go all in with their 1400 or 1500 every hand. This won't change just because the rule is changed. So, "good" poker players are having to fold EVERY hand pre-flop even with good hands like lower pockets or AQ, AK, AJ, KQ, ect. This just happend to me. I went all in with AQ (because somone bet 1500) and then lost to A6 I think. People that called that lost got to stay in because they had more than $1500.00.

Almost everyone I know wants to get out of those smaller tables as soon as they get $10,000. No "good" players want to play there.

Next, if you have to do this rule. Give everyone more money to start with so when you refill you can actually play a few hands.

If you can't do that then make limmits on the amout of money that can stay in the room and make larger players that lose 1500.00 have to wait too even if they have more money in the "bank".

Maybe the lowest tables should have limits 25 to 50 dollars. that would solve the problem and not create new ones.

If you are going to take away the old rule. It's going to have several unitended consequences.

1. People will leave the website to do somthing else on another website and will forget to come back.

2. People will create even more users to have a player which they can use with some money in their account.

3. People will find other poker sites to play at.

Overall, I think this "NEW" rule is a BAD IDEA and won't fix the problem but create new ones.

Replies 1 - 10 of 12 Next › Last »
I'm_Bill_Bidwill wrote
at 12:19 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
Another thing is this is going to give people with more money. More advantage at a smaller table. I just played a hand where I hit a pair on the river. Someone bet 500 on the river and I was forced to fold (in the past I would have called). So, essentially you are giving the "richer" players a bluffing advantage.
brocky888 wrote
at 12:29 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
I agree with the more chips point. I was thinking about this earlier. How about 3000 or 5000 starting chips because it's impossible to bluff with 1500 as you just get called.
brocky888 wrote
at 12:30 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
Oh, and also, on this site, it seems that the only hands to bet with are pocket pairs. At least you have a pair, because i've seen hands where 3 players go all in and NONE of them hit with 6 different cards.
JulesDogg wrote
at 1:01 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
Just take your time on the $50 tables. We are playing a month long competition here, you don't need to try and win it in the first 10 minutes.

If you have a few large stack bluffers on the table that is good, exercise some patience, trap them and take all there chips. If you don't like bluffers then change tables and find a passive one. You might even start to be the bluffer if the table is very soft.

The new rule encourages people to play as was always intended; get your starting chips, play some poker and if the worst happens no problem, go get your refill.

The only problem I can see is when an office full of colleagues are all playing off the same IP address, then if several bust out at the same time they cannot all get a refill.
mikoslav wrote
at 3:39 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
and stop WHINING, this new refill rule is preventing the crazy bastards from all inning,
I know what I am saying, I was playing for 14 hours today, and I saw maybe 10 all inns made with crap hands
Lblack wrote
at 3:43 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
I think we do need more to start with....either that or people who have over 50k in their bank should not be able to play in the 25-50 rooms anymore. It just makes it harder for ppl like myself who is a descent poker player to at least have a small chance to win something.
Country Girl wrote
at 3:52 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
Hahahahahh It wont affect me~I only play one(1) name~COUNTRY GIRL!!!! I wait anyway :)
cottonhead wrote
at 4:31 PM, Thursday April 24, 2008 EDT
I think it's a good start to trying to stop some of the rediculous play that goes on. If it doesn't alter the way they play then maybe you can just send them a virus & run them out of the site.....lol. At least it's a start......hope it works.
Bettie Page wrote
at 3:53 PM, Wednesday April 30, 2008 EDT
The rule shouldn't have been changed!!! All the records from the past will never be beet now because there will be less money total in the aggregate pot!!! Change it back or throw out all the old records!!!
annat wrote
at 5:26 PM, Wednesday April 30, 2008 EDT
Would like to throw in my two cents - If we raise the starting amounts, will that solve anything? People that do all ins with $1500.00, would not with say 5K?
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary