Starting Hand
vince carter raises $61,382
T-Mac calls
Dealing flop: [Jc, Th, 5h]
vince carter folds
T-Mac wins main pot $123,764
vince carter stands up
T-Mac stands up

That's like rank 300/250 who knows, but it's a FUCKING pisstake how you make these new rules about refills to encourage better play when this shit is going on. Why would I want to waste my time after a bad beat waiting 10 minutes per refill when everyone goes to vince for free chips.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 20
brocky888 wrote
at 9:29 PM, Saturday April 26, 2008 EDT
I apologise for stating the obvious.
imatiger wrote
at 11:09 AM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
i think the problem is that the players getting the loans are generally already good players in the gpokr world. so why do they get the loans in the first place? they could easily work their way through the small tables, mid tables, etc. and, once you hit the 100k mark, for most people, it is easy to make the chips from there, just not as easy to keep them.

Simply put, the more you have, the more you can bluff, the more you can bet, the more chances you can take, the more you can scare people out of pots...

it simply sucks for those who have to work their way up and aren't in the elite of gpokr who really have to win and lose and win and lose and losing a 100k is a big deal.

if you get a loan or know it's possible for you to get a 100k loan then you would take a chance on cards you otherwise wouldn't.

Yes, this game is about fake chips. But seriously, if you play a card game with some friends or monopoly or whatever and you find out that they have an advantage, you still get angry. It upsets you because it isn't a fair playing field. In a game of monopoly if somebody ran out of money and another player gave them fake monopoly money, that would NOT be okay. And there is no real money involved, just the time put in.

There shouldn't have to be a rule about this. It's common sense. I don't think that in monopoly or cranium or any of that it says, "no cheating, no giving money to other players, no alliances, etc. etc." but it's understood. You would get pissed in any normal game if you found people were cheating and that's what's happening here.

Some people spend a considerable amount of time playing this game and it is a big deal to them to win the medal. They shouldn't be screwed out of it by people loaning.

And the worst part is that the people getting the loans are people who could make it themselves!

What? You don't want to put in the extra two or three hours it would take you to do it? No, you don't, because then you would think before calling a 100k bet with horrible cards beause you know it would take you 2 to 3 hours to make it back instead of just instantaneously getting it.

It may even only take you 30 minutes, but you don't even want to do that.

That's why people at the small tables go all in, because they can get more chips in 10 minutes. Basically, that's what's becoming of the higher tables with loans like this.

If the loaning continues, how can any new player ever expect to break the top 100? No, 100k doesn't put you in the top 100 but it gives you a considerable leg up.

And seriously, this is like any game. Nobody likes a cheater. And loaning is cheating. Loaning a considerable amount is absolutely ridiculous.

and that's my 1500 worth.

Sorry, was a bit bored. Just thought i would reply what i thought. I didn't expect it to get so long.
brocky800 wrote
at 11:20 AM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
That's why people at the small tables go all in, because they can get more chips in 10 minutes. Basically, that's what's becoming of the higher tables with loans like this.

- This is exactly what I do.

And I totally agree with the rest, you've hit the nail on the head.
Lei... wrote
at 11:21 AM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
Very well put Tiger!!!
xxx Lei

P.S still awaiting a call back interview re: the job lol
sboll wrote
at 1:09 PM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
You wrote "i think the problem is that the players getting the loans are generally already good players in the gpokr world." I write:
Lol, T-Mac is one of the shittiest players around. Most of the guys in the loans club can only play their stack, huge bets whenever they see a chance to bluff, will get a loan if they lose anyway. Gpokr's circumsised and well-ass-licked by idiots player number one King David for example loves to call all-ins with nothing but a flush draw on the turn, now tell me this is good poker.
Country Girl wrote
at 1:44 PM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
Very good Imatiger! :) You hit the nail head on!
NutzKiller wrote
at 4:07 PM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
Very well said Tiger... thats my girl.
YamahaGirl wrote
at 7:04 PM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
Nicely said Tiger. I couldn't agree with you more.
devil wrote
at 7:06 PM, Sunday April 27, 2008 EDT
nice responce Imatiger. I liked it just long.... Next time don't make it long I am liable to fall asleep! lol joking.
TimeBomb wrote
at 9:18 PM, Monday April 28, 2008 EDT
lol if jules doesnt like the language then she can just not read this post lmao.
moderators are like hall monitors. just laugh at them
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary