Forum

Chip transfers
JulesDogg wrote
at 12:45 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
It has been made clear that boosting, loaning and giving chips is outside the rules. Players have had all their chips taken by 'the management' for this practice.

However, the transfer of chips to and from accounts belonging to same person is not against the rules as far as I know.

Many players do this, some feel it's ok and others don't. But regardless of opinions it is not against the rules and therefore not cheating.

Many, if not most, players have more than one account. They can only play one at a time and therefore whatever chips they accumulate have been won over the tables fair and square.

Replies 1 - 10 of 21 Next › Last »
Rob S. wrote
at 1:22 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
Although you are correct that it isn't part of the rules. Transferring is improper in that it violates the intent and spirit of the monthly competition. Case in point: I enter a Las Vegas Texas Hold'em tournament. One name I enter under is winning well, the other name I enter under is not. Do you think for one minute that they would allow during the course of the tournament the comingling of the chips under both identites to enhance the position of the winning identity? I can guarantee they would not. It may not be in the rules here at gpokr but it still isn't proper or ethical play.
Impatient wrote
at 1:27 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
Rob--your comparison makes no sense. You can't enter a tournament twice or play under 2 different names in Las Vegas. Gpokr is different..like it or not.
JulesDogg wrote
at 1:29 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
Rob, the example given doesn't bear comparison. They are not like for like examples. The example you gave is a knockout competition gpokr clearly is not.

Rob S. wrote
at 1:42 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
Try assuming that you enter using one name and the second one is an alias. Then you can understand my point. I realise this isn't a knock out type tournament transferring still violates the spirit of a monthly tournament. Both you Jules, and Impatient ought to read my last comment on the post that started this discussion. If Ryan wants this furor to end all he has to do is create a gpokr bank where you can comingle your funds. If he has no problem with loaning, transferring or comingling that is an easy way to make it possible. If he wants this to truly be a monthly tournament it should be one account only no transferring and no loaning of any kind. We have all seen the posts about the real cheaters that are corrupting the site. I would not deem to include Impatient in with those players. She has earned all her own chips, but I still feel it is wrong to comingle accounts.
jack ramsland wrote
at 2:58 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
JULES ROB S. IS RIGHT I AGREE WITH ALL HE HAS SAID.TRANSFER TO ME IS NOT PROPER AND TO ME IS
IN-ETHICAL.THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT AND IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AND RYAN NEEDS TO STOP IT.NOW COME ON DO YOU REALLY THINK ITS FAIR IN A COMPETITION.I DONT LIKE TO SEE GOOD PLAYERS DOING IT.
myerlyn wrote
at 3:43 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
1 account per IP# would be the answer but would hate to see a couple friends of mine who play on same IP lose there accounts and yes I agree with Rob and Jack.
annat wrote
at 4:40 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
My 2 cents.... We do not know for absolute sure that transferring is or is not against the rules.

But, my question is, if it is allowed to transfer, then why don't we have the capability to do this ourselves?

Instead you have to have another player involved and have them "help" you do it. I'm not complaining about it, it just doesn't seem to be right if you have to involve another player.

SherrifSkullface wrote
at 6:03 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
This month i have been playing as sherrifskullface. I am planning on transferring it to duckmandrake, which has $0 dollars on. I am not gaining any money here, it has all been earned fairly, and i cant see how this can be seen as cheating. Just thought i'd make that clear thank you.
jack ramsland wrote
at 6:22 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
ty annat your right. no one is saying its cheating.but if you played on only one actt:
duck you would not have to transfer.me and rob s. are saying its just not proper and we think its un-ethical and its just one more thing that needs to be changed.again there is no need for more than one ip or actt:
Ratae wrote
at 6:28 PM, Saturday May 24, 2008 EDT
The site should sort out the cheats and loaners, before they worry about this
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary