Forum

Big Tables
calis_darkmore wrote
at 6:46 PM, Saturday April 7, 2007 EDT
Incase oone else has noticed, this big tables basically arent used anymore. the only difference is that it has a minimum buy in. yes they are a good idea, but with them the tables they were meant to protect arent even used now. yes we asked me min requirements for tables, but now that we have them we can easily see their effect is not what was intended

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 15 of 15
calis_darkmore wrote
at 10:18 PM, Saturday April 14, 2007 EDT
no thats wrong. last month i went to a big table with 1.5k and got up to 3.5 mil. yes there is luck involved but if your only going to get and keep your money if your a good player. bad players might have a streak here and there, but they always lose their money
Hermes wrote
at 10:53 PM, Saturday April 14, 2007 EDT
It's just STUPID to go on big tables with 1.5k...
Poker is not gamble.
(i agree gamble is fun, but that's not the point)
+1 with Jag on her analysis.
+1 with Ryan on these min buy-ins (i should even have raised them myself).

Now, the next move to make for us to play real poker is to increase the refill delay..
(or, which should be better, to restrain refillers to play on 'special' tables for a given amount of time b4 they can sit on 'normal' tables)
Jagungal wrote
at 8:31 AM, Sunday April 15, 2007 EDT
All I can say is that there might be more to the buy ins than some people realise.

Tonight I was in the 25/50 tables and saw the bug (Cheat) that some people had been mentioning in action.

Basically users "Giro 555" and "mines" sat in the channel and went all in time after time without having to wait for the time to refill. Their refill was instantaneous and allowed them to play hand after hand after hand.

All I can say is that anyone playing a bigger table should be very thankful this refill bug (cheat) is now restricted to the lower tables.

I can only imagine the nightmare that would exist if the buy ins were not there.
Flyingpenguins wrote
at 10:08 AM, Sunday April 15, 2007 EDT
why would i be thankful of them being at small tables????????????????
Jagungal wrote
at 3:59 PM, Sunday April 15, 2007 EDT
Because they go all in constantly - try to quadruple up (or more) then go in again with the same amount. As there is no time limit to refill they don't care.

You would not only have people going in with 1500, you end up with people constantly going in with 10,000 or more.

Completely wrecks the game, it is not real poker.

GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary