Forum

GPokr conspiracy
Stone35 wrote
at 9:28 PM, Thursday April 26, 2007 EDT
After playing gpokr for 3+ months I think that everyone here can agree that there is a conspiracy in the way the system is designed in that the cards dealt are not truly random.

Compare your play on gpokr to other online systems or real life cards and you will find that more often on gpokr, the system appears to do the following:

1. Reward those that fold less up to a point (Lucky Streak Simulation)
2. Deals a turn or river card that would have allowed you to win after you have already folded (Tight Player Penalizer)
3. Encourages all-ins by planning the flop based on player pocket cards (False Hope Euphoria)
4. Based on how long you play, deals you better cards just as you are about to leave (The Addiction Analyzer)
5. Flops an inordinate amount of 3 of a kinds on the board (Random Deal Bug)
6. Deals the same cards to new player on subsequent hand (Sorry, no name for this) :)

The purpose of the conspiracy is to encourage the player's addiction to going to gpokr.com on a daily basis. Ryan must be making more money from the ads than the donations, hence the need to make the player addicted and insure they keep coming back.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 14 of 14
Stone35 wrote
at 11:02 PM, Monday April 30, 2007 EDT
Excellent points Kurt!
pikkio wrote
at 8:40 AM, Tuesday May 1, 2007 EDT
Shit happens stone ;-)

This month will be better. Good Luck.

See you on the tables. 44 cant always win ;-)
Coyotlboy wrote
at 12:16 PM, Tuesday May 1, 2007 EDT
This game will play tricks on your mind. I have long harbored a suspicion that Ryan can set whether you generally win or lose, because of the game's quirky streakiness -- not getting a pair for DAYS, and then getting a freakazoid hot streak. I have doubts about the dealer's randomness, because I have had several instances of drawing the EXACT same hole cards, in the exact same order, in back-to-back hands. Not to mention the over-prevalence of Jack + non-face-card pocket cards.
I have toyed with Stone's point of view, and it's wierd to see someone actually post it, but I ascribe it to the difficulty in programming a randomizer that is truely random. It is very hard to program true randomness. So, patterns develop.
But, it is even harder to program the kind of Ai that Stone describes. If Ryan could do that, he should be developing new weapons systems and sleeping with a different, hot, blond, large-breasted, Russian spy/slut every night.
devil wrote
at 5:21 PM, Tuesday May 1, 2007 EDT
lol funny as hell coyotlboy! :)
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary