Forum

Same person, different logons, same game?
Coyotlboy wrote
at 2:17 PM, Tuesday September 5, 2006 EDT
What is to stop a person from creating two (or more) different profiles/logins, and playing at the same table at the same time. This creates a distinct advantage in seeing more cards.
You may think I'm paranoid, but its obvious in some cases (e.g., freak2 and KriS), and although it's unethical, is it not allowed or even stoppable?

Replies 1 - 9 of 9
Ryan wrote
at 3:01 PM, Tuesday September 5, 2006 EDT
I don't allow two people from the same ip at a table.

Although that seems to be turned off in the current build. I will put it back in.
Coyotlboy wrote
at 5:26 PM, Tuesday September 5, 2006 EDT
Thanks for the prompt reply. Love the game. You the man (or yellow plush doll. whatever.)
pepis wrote
at 11:37 AM, Wednesday September 6, 2006 EDT
The problem with this is that people in local network cant play together, in my work for example
Ryan wrote
at 12:10 PM, Wednesday September 6, 2006 EDT
Yeah, thats true and too bad.

Maybe I can make a table or two with this turned off.
itsnotvalid wrote
at 2:17 AM, Monday September 25, 2006 EDT
It is unstoppable. For some people they may use an anonymous proxy to do this trick.
freak2 wrote
at 5:54 AM, Monday September 25, 2006 EDT
"Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships with others. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant to others. They usually shift blame to others and tend to carry long grudges."

In one word: Coyotlboy.

Sad but true, you suffer from psychotic disorder...you are seriously sick kid, trust me.
swuster wrote
at 3:58 PM, Saturday September 30, 2006 EDT
i've seen people dumping money from accounts into one, though...if it were two people i'd just assume it's friends giving money to each other. But when I look at snargle table and there's 5 people all making huge bets and then folding, i think something's up.
Mr. Eko wrote
at 12:50 PM, Wednesday October 11, 2006 EDT
Do you think it is okay to give money to friends? I think it is agaist the fair play.
Coyotlboy wrote
at 10:45 AM, Monday October 16, 2006 EDT
I agree, Mr. Eko, that it is against the fair play. It appears to be unstoppable, however, as cheaters can use multiple logons (faking up an IP address, or using a separate DSL line or someone's unsecure WiFi) and both see more cards at one table and "feed" a primary logon with a secondary logon which re-fills over and over.
Because of my "condition" (See, Freak2, above) I have spent some time at empty tables to watch the chip transfers take place. It's a thought-provoking exercise.
It appears to be unsolvable, however, as the cheaters will learn to avoid being obvious, and will be difficult, if not impossible, to catch. It does bring into question the validity of the rankings.
The more interesting issue is: Why? Since it's fake money, why would people cheat like this? What do they gain? Is the reward of self-identifying as a "playah" so great? Apparently so. A telling commentary on human nature.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary