Forum

Tourney issues
Measure wrote
at 2:09 PM, Monday September 25, 2006 EDT
Ok, tourneys are great, but a couple of problems as they are currently implemented.

I played one tourney where 6 people were 'away' the entire game. this gave a big advantage to the guy in seat 9. Try it sometime and you'll see what I mean. he could steal blinds at will.

Another problem... I can sit in on a tourney, and go play another table, but I'm don't think there's any kind of a notification when my game starts. At the very least, I should get an IM when my tourney starts.

Here's how I'd solve both problems:

If a player is "away" for 5 hands in a row at any point in a tourney, eliminate them and their chips from play. Their entry fee still goes to the winner.

If I sit in for a tourney, and go play a ring game while waiting for it to start, I should get a message, or better yet, be instantly transported to the tourney room when the tourney starts, at the end of whatever hand I'm playing.

Ryan, can you do any of this?

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
Measure wrote
at 2:26 PM, Monday September 25, 2006 EDT
Also... if I go offline while I'm sitting in a tourney lobby... I should leave the table automatically, and get my buy-in back.
Jagungal wrote
at 6:31 PM, Monday September 25, 2006 EDT
I think that maybe the solution to the players away problem is for a 30 second beeping countdown just before play starts. Players have to click to play or their place is given to other players - or the game starts without them.
Ryan wrote
at 12:00 AM, Tuesday September 26, 2006 EDT
I've made updates.

If you leave the site while in a tournament that hasn't started you will leave the tournament.

You will receive messages if you are playing at a ring table but registered in a tournament. The message will say the current player count at the table when a new player joins and also when the tournament starts.

This means you can safely register for a sit n go tournament without worrying about missing it.
Measure wrote
at 11:40 AM, Tuesday September 26, 2006 EDT
Sweet! Nice work, Ryan!
vox wrote
at 2:24 PM, Thursday September 28, 2006 EDT
Do you get the buy-in back if you leave the table before the tournament started? What if noone shows up?
Ryan wrote
at 2:49 PM, Thursday September 28, 2006 EDT
yes you do, actually it doesn't officially take the money from your account until the tourny starts.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary