Forum

multiple accounts
ferg wrote
at 9:32 AM, Monday October 16, 2006 EDT
okay, i'v seen this going on twice in the last
2 days. 2 accounts find an empty room, an one gives the other all their money. today it was mach1 and mach2. i cant remember who it was yesterday.

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
Ryan wrote
at 10:10 AM, Monday October 16, 2006 EDT
report these acounts here and I'll delete them
funkygrooves wrote
at 10:50 AM, Monday October 16, 2006 EDT
I often wondered about that. The thought of people doing that is very discouraging to those who spend hours applying their hard earned poker skills to gain rankings. I think this issue should be vocalized more and suspects reported in a special forum.
Ryan wrote
at 11:02 AM, Monday October 16, 2006 EDT
This is why two players at the same IP can't sit at a table. But it doesn't stop two friends from doing this.

There is 10 minutes between refills so this is a slow way to gain chips. And its risky to spend a lot of time getting chips to only have your account deleted.
Measure wrote
at 11:38 AM, Tuesday October 17, 2006 EDT
You could possibly detect this by running stats that track winnings per hand. Anybody above a certain threshold could be viewed with suspicion.

I don't know if you track all the hands or not Ryan, but if so, you could then look at that player's hand history to confirm the suspicion of cheating.
dread_money wrote
at 12:05 PM, Sunday November 19, 2006 EST
I think this problem is a little overblown. How many times would someone have to do that to make 1500 add up to 1M or more? Seems unlikely someone is that desperate. Besides, somone is likely to notice before then and ryan can delete them. Not a lot more effort needed in my opinion.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary