Forum

Statistical Analysis of the cards dealt.
birchgrove wrote
at 11:10 AM, Friday November 17, 2006 EST
This is a general question for Ryan:

Have you done any statistical analysis of the cards dealt to see if they are truly random or if patterns, indicating a fault in the random number genrator, have emerged?

Do the the hands won percentages correlate to the accepted starting pocket card percentages?

The reason I ask is that I will regularly get the same cards dealt to me, except different suits applied, for two ro three hands in a row, and the flop cards appear to run in "clumps" of a certain grouping appearing for several consecutive hands.

And from chatting with other players, it often appears that the same pocket cards will "march" around the table in consecutive hands a few times each day (in my experience).

I'm not making any accusations that the deck is stacked, so to speak, but just wondering if maybe I play too much and am starting to "see" patterns, or if the random number generator does need to be adjusted.

Replies 1 - 1 of 1
Ryan wrote
at 9:52 PM, Friday November 17, 2006 EST
I'm confident with the deck shuffling. It's human nature to recognize patterns and with 2 cards and only 13 ranks its fairly common to get duplicates... a deck is actually pretty small when you think about it.

GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary