Forum

Sit and Go Tables
Jagungal wrote
at 6:25 AM, Monday November 20, 2006 EST
This idea went in a while ago but seems to have been forgotten.

Is there any chance that a few switches can be clicked to create some higher buy in 3 and 5 people tables.

They are a great idea but at the moment people have expressed the view that the 3 person $500 tables are a waste of effort when making money .. and well apart from a rare occasion, it is really hard to fill the 9 person tables up.

It just seems a waste that all that GWT programming effort went into creating them but they are not used.

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
Bluffer wrote
at 1:39 PM, Monday November 20, 2006 EST
last night we did some 9 person sit and go with buy in for 2000, these games are great, but its hard to get 9 people, what about keep the buy in at 2000, but make it for maybe 5 people instead. Still think the tourney are great, oh also, what about having the blinds move up quicker than they do.
Measure wrote
at 12:22 AM, Tuesday November 21, 2006 EST
Couple of things I'd change if you try anything, Ryan.

1-If you feel like you need the 3-person tables, only first place should get any money in those games. Really not enough money to spread around.

2-since these are single-table tourneys, have the blinds go up based on number of hands instead of time. Say, every ten hands the blinds raise, or something like that.
Jagungal wrote
at 12:58 AM, Tuesday November 21, 2006 EST
Blind raising seems to work fine at the moment for the tourneys I have played.

I feel money levels are also fine for the tables.

The big issue is really having the tables small enough with big enough blinds to make it easier to get a few people together while at the same time making the money worthwhile for the time spent.

3 and 5 person tables with big buy ins would be a good start, then monitor them to see the ones people are using.

Others were also putting forward interesting ideas that there are separate leader boards for the sit and go's and/or that the winnings on the sit and goes are points rather than money based.

Jagungal wrote
at 8:13 PM, Thursday November 30, 2006 EST
Since a new month is starting .. this might be something to consider ??????
gratjim wrote
at 10:08 PM, Thursday November 30, 2006 EST
The blinds raising rate has been increased..

It's good (making games faster).
Putting the ranking/award system on these tables would be still better.
Jagungal wrote
at 3:05 PM, Friday December 1, 2006 EST
The games were actually fast enough, I hope the increase in time hasn't wrecked things. If people thing games are slow they could always bet higher to keep things moving.

I agree about the points/ranking system though, that would be nice.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary