Forum

Limit on refills?
yootje wrote
at 8:47 AM, Friday November 24, 2006 EST
Is there a limit on the amount of refills you can do?

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
StevenL wrote
at 4:13 PM, Friday November 24, 2006 EST
nope... just one every 10 or 15 minutes
yootje wrote
at 4:15 AM, Saturday November 25, 2006 EST
Maybe there shoould be a restriction: at the moment all the people who get under 1500 go all-in all the time, that's irritating for the other players.
Jagungal wrote
at 3:27 PM, Saturday November 25, 2006 EST

And maybe the current system is just fine. Maybe people need to be given more money, say 3000 or 5000.

The only people that get irritated by the all-ins when you are at 1500 are those players that like to sit there being rocks, getting to see the flop for the minimum, hoping to see something big and folding cheaply if nothing is there. These players get upset if someone changes the flow of their boring little rock like world. These sorts of players are boring and unimaginative, not the players that like to mix things up with all ins.

I love it when someone decides to play all ins .. puts a little excitement into the table and if you play it right and read right you often make quite a bit of money.

In the long run, if it wasn't for people doing refills there would be very little money in the community. The people doing lots of refills are actually doing the community a benefit by allowing the higher players to have more money.

funkygrooves wrote
at 9:34 PM, Tuesday November 28, 2006 EST
I disagree with Jagungal. Clicking all in every hand or every refill takes no talent and it's not exciting at all. It makes the game more of luck of chance than exercising poker skills. There are those who visit this to practice and be a little competitive. To these people (with "boring little rock worlds") it really is annoying and would take away the realism of the site. But for those who visit the site for being entertained etc., going all is as exciting as flipping a coin. I personally like to see a limit of these refills. As the month progresses the games become more competitive, and I am sure all the top players would appreciate not dealing with this noisance and focusing on their game. So if you're reading this Ryan...please place a limit on the refills. I'm sure the stats can show what the average number of refill is...which would be good benchmark start.
Cheers!
noddin0ff wrote
at 9:58 AM, Thursday November 30, 2006 EST
perhaps a better solution would be to have (some) tables that limit preflopping to say 3xBig blind. After the flop you can bet what ever you want.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary