Forum

FYI Site Features FYI
myerlyn wrote
at 1:54 AM, Wednesday April 1, 2009 EDT
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANYTHING YOU MAY THINK I LEFT OUT.

For new players and those who played here for a short time and may not know of some of the site features that are not posted anywhere.Hope this helps everyone and their playing on Gpokr.

RULES---Site Rules and Advisors are found here.

HELP---This is how to sign in choose a table and start playing section.Also shows how the refills work and Ranking System.

PREFERENCES---Add/Change your avatar,turn On/Off sound,Add/Remove Friends etc.To add a Tagline,Flag and something about yourself for your profile is done here under the "Profile"section.

VIEWING A PLAYERS PROFILES---Clicking on any players name at a table brings up their profile.Doing a "SEARCH" is also another way to view a players profile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These next Features are NOT posted anywhere on Gpokr and can still be used while playing.It would be nice to see players use the first 2 to help towards any abuse being used towards them.

MUTE A PLAYERS CHAT---To MUTE a players chat all you type in where you chat is /mute players name ./ must be in place with a space between mute and players name.To unmute the same player just retype the same thing in.******This only works while players are sitting at the table******Its best you not tell the player you muted them!

BLOCKING AVATARS---Clicking on any players avatar will block that avatar.

ACTIVATING(OPENING)A TABLE---Anyone who places 1000th or better can activate his/her table simply by changing the table name in the search engine to thier name.Example: http//gpokr.com/#gpokr to http//gpokr.com/#myerlyn .Table will only stay active as long as someone is in the room.To find names for activating tables Look under last months LEADERBOARD.You may have to try a few names to get the table limit you want.******I think this is good for activating more tables for less players tables and creating faster playing.Spead them out people and bet BIG....LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLITCHES THAT COME AND GO AND SOME HELPFUL HITS

To JOIN a TOURNAMENT it will appear 1 hour before start time in upper right corner above the table.When first starting out and you have just enought to join and it tells you "YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH CHIPS TO JOIN" try standing then JOIN.Your chips have to be banked to join.

CANT SEE YOUR CARDS or NO SOUND---Try refreshing (f5)when in on a hand.If you refresh when not in on it will boot you off the table and cost you another blind to sit back down.You may want to refresh after the blinds pass you.Ive sat and with blinds paid and couldnt see my cards and refreshed before my turn got to me and had to pay again.******Some players told me this dont work for them.I have no problems.

Your FRIENDS LIST (under preferences)at times will dissapear and not show your friends.You can still add friends just cant delete them.Give it some time it will reappear.

The big GPOKR in upper left corner is a refresh

I would like to know the TABLE LIMITS

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 23 Next › Last »
myerlyn wrote
at 4:47 PM, Friday July 3, 2009 EDT
Bump
boosh wrote
at 11:32 PM, Friday July 3, 2009 EDT
Thanks Myer & Gurgi, all things that I wish were in the "rules" section when I first started playing. Very helpful!
myerlyn wrote
at 11:36 PM, Saturday July 4, 2009 EDT
Sometimes Ive notice the tourneys dont show when Time to Join.Have to refresh to bring it up.

Has any Advisors shown this thread to Ryan? Might help him see things that need fixed or the Fact that if he added these things to the site it might help new players.
Gurgi wrote
at 12:16 AM, Monday August 3, 2009 EDT
75 is best hand :]
numbnutz wrote
at 3:57 PM, Thursday December 10, 2009 EST
Thanks for the tips myerlyn, was very helpful for this n00b. You've done a good thing here and may your enemies be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.
headstrongmama wrote
at 10:08 AM, Thursday May 19, 2011 EDT
If it wasn't for this, i wouldve been so lost learning this site........thank you!
gigi10 wrote
at 1:10 PM, Thursday May 19, 2011 EDT
I am confused with the mute player.if u put in chat box mute/players name and send it that person will know who muted him or her because all chats have the persons name who is sending the chat.am i making sence or just dont understand.
myerlyn wrote
at 2:24 PM, Thursday May 19, 2011 EDT
/mute players name.....No, the player that you mute does not know(best not to tell that player you muted them).If this is done right,when you hit enter,nothing shows in the chat area.

PREFERENCES is now the SETTINGS option.
gigi10 wrote
at 10:40 AM, Friday May 20, 2011 EDT
i guess i wont b muting lol.done what u said, hit enter and wha la,went into chat room 4 all 2 c.tk goodness i was in empty room just practing and nobody saw lol.
montecarlo wrote
at 10:11 AM, Wednesday May 25, 2011 EDT
this is what you should type:

/mute montecarlo

if you type EXACTLY that, you will not see anything i type in the chatbox. and NO ONE will see that line appear when you type it in. do NOT put any spaces before the /mute, if you do, the mute will not work, and everyone will see it in chatbox.

if you want to experiment with it to get it down without naming names, then try it on yourself. YES, it is indeed possible to mute yourself (i take credit for discovering this in kdice, because im an arrogant bastard.)

to unmute yourself, do the same command except substitute unmute in for mute:

/unmute montecarlo

once again NO ONE will see this typed in, as long as you type it in correctly.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary