Forum

BANNING
watchagot wrote
at 9:43 AM, Friday June 4, 2021 EDT
OMG I cant believe things have got to this ... being banned for lagging or using the timer, how pathetic is that. maybe the new rules should be:-

Break these rules and you will get banned for a month

No Lagging
No using timer
No sitting away from table
No going for pee during tourney
No using phone while playing because
the game needs your undivided attention

and any other things that you might do while playing

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 19 of 19
watchagot wrote
at 5:34 PM, Sunday June 6, 2021 EDT
As I said earlier the timer is there to be used and until there is definitive proof of misuse then it is wrong to ban. And as you are aware the majority of players are old (no offence) and our minds do slow down the older we get so maybe a little patience is needed by all.... After all it is only a game with pretend $
KC 97 wrote
at 8:03 PM, Sunday June 6, 2021 EDT
WATCHAGOT.. i find it rather amusing that you are the 1 who is complaining on this subject,,when you were not the one who was banned for it...people who constantly run out the timer hand after hand after hand ,day after day will be banned for it...if you think you can be a better mod than we are then by all means let us know and we can get you instate as one...only thing is you will have to play tables and not just tourneys ,so you can watch what goes on...dont mean any disrespect but we mods are damned if we do and damned if we dont...
watchagot wrote
at 8:22 PM, Sunday June 6, 2021 EDT
KC I never disrespected any of the mods for the work they do, whether or not I can do a better job is not the question here, the question is that its not stated in the rules that the timer has not to be used, so if phizz uses his more than some others shouldn't mean a ban although we don't know if its timing out or lagging he still shouldn't have been banned just because it annoys some of the players but saying that if your right that he should then please ban others especially kacha who holds the table up whenever there are no mods around or maybe ban me for speaking up against your none rules. And as for not playing tables why not check how many others only play tournies these days.
KC 97 wrote
at 8:39 PM, Sunday June 6, 2021 EDT
like i said we are damned if we do and damned if we dont...phizz was warned many times by more than 1 mod,and just kept it up day after day...we cant be everywhere to see everything...as far as you saying what you think ...you have that right...and i dont take any offence..whether its an actual rule...i think it could fall under harrasment to other players(my opinion)
gnice37 wrote
at 10:36 PM, Sunday June 6, 2021 EDT
to the best of my knowledge, Phizz is the only person that has ever been banned for this. Phizz has been doing this on tables and tournaments for years, even after nicely being asked to not do that and many warnings.
watchagot wrote
at 4:41 AM, Monday June 7, 2021 EDT
yes he is the only one to get banned and that is my point and yes he has been asked nicely and nastily and harassed and still is by many other players many times which you can't dispute, but how do you prove he is doing it intentionally. I know its a pain having to wait for him (or others) whether lagging or timing out but as I see it he is being targeted by players who don't like him with no proof its intentional when he cant or wont answer for himself.
If you banned everyone for timing out, lagging or harassment there would be very few players left.
This is not an assault on how you mods do your jobs but an opinion on how wrong this is
Big Al Rogorson wrote
at 10:07 AM, Wednesday June 9, 2021 EDT
Y'all just need to shut up & play Pokr.
*Dont Be Mad* wrote
at 9:10 PM, Tuesday June 15, 2021 EDT
When I join a tourney and see who is playing there are some players I automatically say to myself can I even be bothered playing this as I know they constantly for years let the timer run right down, turns it into a very long tourney. Sorry KC and mr nice nothing against your modding but I dont see how this becomes a bannable offence. I can name several players who do this so should they be named shamed and banned?
gnice37 wrote
at 9:55 PM, Tuesday June 15, 2021 EDT
I have never had to ban anyone for this. i usually ask the player and they speed up. I normally dont play w/ phizz, but have been told by others that it is a normal thing he does. I am sure TLP and KC asked him to speed it up...not sure what more they could do since he didn't comply.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary