Forum

to all players
gnice37 wrote
at 5:13 PM, Sunday February 11, 2024 EST
To the gpokr community. We had a meeting w/ Ryan today about the site and some issues to work on. Currently working on fixing a redis issue that has caused lag and the issue of relogging in. This may take sometime to fix, but it is being looked at. Also, we have changed some of the bonuses on tournaments to increase payouts. you can look at the schedule of tournaments to see the changes. Might be a few that still need to be adjusted, but will get those fixed after the next meeting. The 25k finale is going to be changed to a 25k member finale, the name hasnt changed yet but the change has been made. Also, after a discussion with Ryan....multi-tabling is allowed and you can also play tables & tournaments at the same time. Mods do have the right to intervene if it is slowing up any tables or tournaments. Thanks for your time all and good luck

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 21 Next › Last »
***Insane*** wrote
at 5:19 PM, Thursday February 15, 2024 EST
I agree with lars on what he said but everyone complained that the game wasnt realistic enough so he did what they all wanted, obviously not expecting it to be worse.
LarsBar wrote
at 4:49 PM, Friday February 16, 2024 EST
That's interesting Maddy and surprised to hear that. I'm not a programmer but I heard the new generator has some weird built-ins that some have figured out and taken advantage of. Like a "catch-up" mode where aggressive play = better changes to catch. I've definitely seen some crazy stuff that doesn't happen when I play real poker. Like AK is supposed to be a great hand but doesn't seem to do well here. Would almost prefer small suited connectors here.
Created wrote
at 3:39 AM, Saturday February 17, 2024 EST
I'd put my hand up to be a mod. Kind of serious here. Thoughts? I welcome ridicule, laughs, and encouragement alike.
Created wrote
at 3:40 AM, Saturday February 17, 2024 EST
I'd put my hand up to be a mod, seriously. I welcome ridicule, laughs, and encouragement alike. Thoughts?
gnice37 wrote
at 9:24 PM, Saturday February 17, 2024 EST
As far as gpokr goes, i think we have enough mods right now. I am looking at ideas for some mods on kdice. Even though the site is slow, i am hoping the changes will help draw more players. Really need someone that knows the players and the ins and outs of the game. You, Created, are someone that might be able to help on that site. Let me know what you think.
pebble1961 wrote
at 5:57 AM, Sunday February 18, 2024 EST
i don't agree that there are enough mods on gpokr, currently there are 10 mods listed, of which only 3 play gpokr,none of which are in gmt time zone, the only one that does overlap time zones slightly, is annat, we need a mod in GMT zone, admittedly there are not so many idiots on anymore, but that is because there aren't many players anymore. when we do get an idiot, i have post the problem, which sometimes takes 24 hours to get sorted, in that time the offender just pleases themselves, and we have to put up with the abuse / cheating etc etc. if you are successful in driving more traffic here (and i hope you succeed!) you will the be firefighting against the increase in offenders, after the event, so my suggestion is appoint a new mod now, so they can be upto speed and ready to act.
annat wrote
at 7:21 AM, Sunday February 18, 2024 EST
I understand the concern Pebble. There will always be times that Mods are not online, regardless of the time zone and folks are forced to use the /mute function or post so that when we are we can handle it.

Now that I am back, I hope that I can bridge the gap a bit better. Greg and I do not have the power to grant Mod abilities. We can take it to Ryan and get his thoughts. If we get more traffic in, then we will have to look at that as well.
Aleksa_bre wrote
at 1:57 PM, Sunday February 18, 2024 EST
@ Greg: You asked fiero to be Mod again?
LarsBar wrote
at 2:59 PM, Sunday February 18, 2024 EST
Honestly I really like playing with you Created but I don't think you would make a good MOD. He has mocked me many times by using words I've been muted for (i.e. the C word that KC hates but for some reason Created and others get a away with it) to show me how he can get away with it and that MODS target me. I think MODS should be above that kind of childish behavior. Sorry Created.
Aleksa_bre wrote
at 6:24 AM, Friday March 1, 2024 EST
Greg, i dont know about here...but in kdice career points didnt added yet.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary