Forum

flashin
devil wrote
at 8:46 AM, Friday December 29, 2006 EST
Hey Ryan did u install a new thing to make the screen flash when it your turn?

Replies 1 - 9 of 9
RyanPart2 wrote
at 9:39 AM, Friday December 29, 2006 EST
Nope. which part flashes? The browser window?
jjdjr wrote
at 10:53 AM, Friday December 29, 2006 EST
Ryan,
Devil is right...the whole screen flashes white for a second. It's weird. I also cannot get to the site via www. I had it saved in my favorites and last night it would connect i had to eliminate the www from the address. Do you think that the 2 things are related?
jjdjr wrote
at 10:54 AM, Friday December 29, 2006 EST
I meant wouldn't conne
devil wrote
at 3:26 PM, Friday December 29, 2006 EST
the whole thing flashes everytime it is your turn to bet. I happens for a split second that is all.
Alpha1 wrote
at 3:34 PM, Friday December 29, 2006 EST
it happens to me to......
Mr. K wrote
at 10:19 AM, Saturday December 30, 2006 EST
This is the fix. (Another game I've played, called Enchanted Forest, would have this problem, this is their solution)

* Type the URL about:config in your browser.
* Find the setting for nglayout.initialpaint.delay, by searching the list of settings manually or typing "paint" into the "Filter" box at the top.
* If you don't find a setting by that name, create one by right-clicking, then choosing New and then Integer. Enter the name nglayout.initialpaint.delay. Set this value to anything -- zero will suffice -- as we'll be adjusting it in the next step anyway.
* Double-click this setting and raise the value to a higher number. 200 works for my computer. Faster computers can make do with a lower number, while slower computers should have a higher number. One technique you can use for finding the right value for your computer is to set it to something very high (say, 5000, which is five seconds). Test it out. The flicker should be gone, but you don't want to leave it this high. Reduce the setting until the blinking returns, then put it back up a bit. Basically you want this setting to be set to the lowest number that still eliminates the flicker you experience when playing.
Mcbeev03 wrote
at 11:54 AM, Saturday December 30, 2006 EST
seems to flash in IE7 and not FF2 if that helps
2Blue wrote
at 2:01 PM, Saturday December 30, 2006 EST
i typed about:config under address in my browser and nothing happens. am i doing something wrong?

it happens in IE6 too.
Mr. K wrote
at 7:17 PM, Saturday December 30, 2006 EST
yeah, sorry, that's a firefox fix. I can't help with IE.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary