Forum

How to have your cake (NSFW stuff), and eat it too (be family-friendly)!
RoverRoverRover wrote
at 10:34 PM, Thursday January 4, 2007 EST
Before we fracture the gpokr community over whether NSFW avatars and names should be allowed, I think we should come up with a way to let the horny teenagers and dirty old men have their booby pictures and GOATFUCKERS, while the kids at the library or ppl at work can have a safe, non-obscene way to play.

I propose we let players voluntarily flag their avatar as NSFW (or the community can vote on it, or appeal to Ryan to set the flag). Then, make a safe-mode that you can enable if you want to hide all the NSFW avatars.

When safe-mode is on, it could also filter naughty names to appear like GOATF***ER, or whatever.

This way, everyone can choose whether they want a clean or NSFW experience without complete censorship.

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
Ryan wrote
at 11:30 PM, Thursday January 4, 2007 EST
Thats a genius nice solution.

'cept it means more work for me :(
cAPSLOCK wrote
at 11:46 PM, Thursday January 4, 2007 EST
Sounds like a great idea to me.
AtaPoker wrote
at 8:32 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
Excellent.

1. option for voluntary flag
2. option to flag someone, 3 flags = NSFW
3. maybe an option for Ryan to flag 3 times but I think this wont be nessesary.

Btw, thx to CapsLock for the way he or she brought this up. Very balanced. Wisdom.
ABNRanger wrote
at 11:57 AM, Saturday January 6, 2007 EST
This isn't as complete of a solution as Rover3's, but you could put up some sort of prominent banner that states how easy it is to click once on someone's avatar to turn it back into a smiley face.

You could also maybe put a swear filter on the name field when someone registers.
BlackHorizon wrote
at 8:10 PM, Monday January 8, 2007 EST
A block-all-avatars option would also be good.
If names and chat were also a concern wrt nsfw, perhaps you could block them too.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary