Forum

Is the game currently down?
underparnv wrote
at 12:00 PM, Tuesday January 9, 2007 EST
I can't connect to gpokr.com. I get a Connection refused error...

Thanks!

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
Ryan wrote
at 12:16 PM, Tuesday January 9, 2007 EST
The server was down for 3 hours today. There are some technicians looking at the server to figure out the issue.
ABNRanger wrote
at 12:45 PM, Tuesday January 9, 2007 EST
Would it be inappropriate or rude to ask what your plan is to remedy the frequent time outs and server crashes?

Have you received enough donations yet to help make the site better?

Thanks and sorry for being nosy.
Ryan wrote
at 1:24 PM, Tuesday January 9, 2007 EST
No its not rude to ask that.

The problem isn't really solvable by money. Its solvable by me putting more time into the server to make it scale up to allow all the new players in who want to play.

Its hard for me to justify putting this much time into making the server better other than I love doing it and seeing more and more people playing. The donations tell me that other people want the same thing and want to help. Thats motivating to me.

To answer your question about my plan, I am fixing issues as they come up one by one. This week I fixed a few database issues that were causing timeouts. Today something new hit the server and I'm not sure what it was yet. Also, the server currently has a limit of about 1500 simultaneous players, (kdice + gpokr). I'm working with the lead developer of the Jetty project to get jetty running which should allow this number scale to a higher value.
underparnv wrote
at 2:09 PM, Tuesday January 9, 2007 EST
Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the update. I, for one at least, really appreciate all the work you have put in to this site for as little as you get back from it.

Thank you!!!!
ABNRanger wrote
at 3:45 PM, Tuesday January 9, 2007 EST
Thanks for answering my question and I'm 100% in agreement with underpar.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary