Forum

Big Tables
calis_darkmore wrote
at 6:46 PM, Saturday April 7, 2007 EDT
Incase oone else has noticed, this big tables basically arent used anymore. the only difference is that it has a minimum buy in. yes they are a good idea, but with them the tables they were meant to protect arent even used now. yes we asked me min requirements for tables, but now that we have them we can easily see their effect is not what was intended

Replies 1 - 10 of 15 Next › Last »
Viruseater wrote
at 7:25 PM, Saturday April 7, 2007 EDT
I haven't been here long, but just from looking my thoughts are that those big tables aren't getting played a ton simply because it's very early in the month. As more money gets added to top players they'll start using them.

Personally i am VERY happy Ryan put a 2k min on the middle tables. it's incredibly annoying for 10 people to join a table with 1500 then go all in, lose and do it again and again. it makes it very hard to play a real game.
jøhnny wrote
at 11:12 PM, Saturday April 7, 2007 EDT
I agree with Viruseater.
Flyingpenguins wrote
at 1:30 PM, Monday April 9, 2007 EDT
i agree with calis the big tables have gotten toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lonely :(
:) wrote
at 10:19 AM, Tuesday April 10, 2007 EDT
Not only the big tables aren"t used anymore, but the small tables got F****d up too, since everyone goes all in there!
Mortie wrote
at 8:27 PM, Tuesday April 10, 2007 EDT
Me too J?
Viruseater wrote
at 12:38 AM, Wednesday April 11, 2007 EDT
I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Period!
Flyingpenguins wrote
at 2:01 PM, Wednesday April 11, 2007 EDT
noooooooooooooooooooooooo you're wrong
the big tables usually have at least 2 filled now it's hard even to get 1 filled and i miss those 1500 all ins at big tables :(
Samsam13 wrote
at 2:54 PM, Wednesday April 11, 2007 EDT
I think it a question of balance... In real life, people won't do all ins all the day, it's playing roulette (and they won't get enough money to buy food, or drugs or any funny stuff)... But, this is a game... and it's true, we don't play the way we did anymore. Maybe we should wait a few month and see ?
deu wrote
at 4:32 AM, Thursday April 12, 2007 EDT
Well between 2 bad things i choose the smallest one. The all inners were a bit annoying (At least for dobs as Shark said) in the big tables but they couldn't harm anyone as it was. Now they go all in on the small tables and they totally destroy the game there!
Jagungal wrote
at 5:40 PM, Thursday April 12, 2007 EDT
I am just not seeing all ins on the smaller tables, I sat in on them a few times while tired last night and didn't see one all in.

The thing is that on the bigger tables people with all ins are always going to get multiple calls.

The bigger tables are now filling up and the fact is that if you can't accumulate a measly $20,000 you are not going to survive on that table very long anyway. Even with that amount of money players with millions are going to pressure your small stack relentlessly.

Thats why people are staying on slightly smaller tables until they have enough to stand up to the larger stacks.

GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary