Forum

GPokr conspiracy
Stone35 wrote
at 9:28 PM, Thursday April 26, 2007 EDT
After playing gpokr for 3+ months I think that everyone here can agree that there is a conspiracy in the way the system is designed in that the cards dealt are not truly random.

Compare your play on gpokr to other online systems or real life cards and you will find that more often on gpokr, the system appears to do the following:

1. Reward those that fold less up to a point (Lucky Streak Simulation)
2. Deals a turn or river card that would have allowed you to win after you have already folded (Tight Player Penalizer)
3. Encourages all-ins by planning the flop based on player pocket cards (False Hope Euphoria)
4. Based on how long you play, deals you better cards just as you are about to leave (The Addiction Analyzer)
5. Flops an inordinate amount of 3 of a kinds on the board (Random Deal Bug)
6. Deals the same cards to new player on subsequent hand (Sorry, no name for this) :)

The purpose of the conspiracy is to encourage the player's addiction to going to gpokr.com on a daily basis. Ryan must be making more money from the ads than the donations, hence the need to make the player addicted and insure they keep coming back.

Replies 1 - 10 of 14 Next › Last »
Skydivus wrote
at 7:56 AM, Friday April 27, 2007 EDT
all what you say is called "murphy's law"...:)
RodMonatana wrote
at 11:23 AM, Friday April 27, 2007 EDT
Stone is quite right.. But he forgot them:
- The give opponent players good hands bug.
- The big pocket pair all in crusher
- The flopped straight flop for at least 2 players
JKD wrote
at 2:17 PM, Friday April 27, 2007 EDT
The flopped flush for at least 2 reckless players is always so so good, especially since they both always have at least a jack and
Flyingpenguins wrote
at 4:05 PM, Friday April 27, 2007 EDT
well i dont agree with #1
i fold alot and i still win
Jagungal wrote
at 5:46 PM, Friday April 27, 2007 EDT
The funniest thing here is when you look at the graph of Stone35. They were cruising along with 580K, lost all their money in a day or two and then decided to run of to the forums bagging out gpokr.

I am guessing it is a tounge in cheek post anyway .. quite amusing and completely factually incorrect.

calis_darkmore wrote
at 8:39 PM, Friday April 27, 2007 EDT
i agree, if you just figure out the system and figure out when gpokr is trying to trick you then you do well :D. this is something ive noticed along time ago, but i thought it might just be me
Samsam13 wrote
at 3:24 AM, Saturday April 28, 2007 EDT
Right so I should :
1. Never fold
2. Always wait for the Turn(but as I never fold, done)
3. Never go all in
4. Keep leaving the tables I am playing at
5. Hope for trips on the flop (done already)
6. Work my english out to understand the last point...

April, I'm first !!!
Stone35 wrote
at 10:25 AM, Saturday April 28, 2007 EDT
Jagungal is right. I had wanted to post my conspiracy theory for a while and my HUGE loss to pikkio spurred me to post. (Full house K over 4 was beat by pikkio's 4 of a kind)

The perception is that gpokr has fake randomness, however if it did then that would make Ryan a super marketing genius. If he were a super marketing genius then he wouldn't have time to do actual coding, so therefore, the randomness must truly be random.

Ryan, your thoughts?
Flyingpenguins wrote
at 11:38 AM, Saturday April 28, 2007 EDT
well of course pikkio is going to take large amounts from you he is pikkio
and if everyone complained of huge losses then ryan would need to set up a complaint department of 1 million volenteers
Kurt94 wrote
at 3:04 PM, Sunday April 29, 2007 EDT
I think the felt "unrandomness" compared to real life poker is due to the amount of players involved (normally i play to 3-6 ppl, not nine) that makes it more likely that 2 players have a good hand.
Another important factor is the number of hands played. In rl u play maybe 50 hands an evening (just a guess). In gpokr u can easily play hundreds of hands in a few hours. tThus its much more likely to see poker or flush or 2 ppl with flush and that stuff.
Also its not like u have big losses very often compared to the number of hands played. U only remember them much longer than the small losses/wins.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary