Forum

EVERYONE READ: gpokr Ethics
sexywexy wrote
at 11:19 AM, Saturday October 21, 2006 EDT
Hey guys lets use this thread to discuss ethics in playing gpokr.

My first contribution:

1) Just to be fair, when someone in play gets lagged out, we shouldn't try and kick him out of the game. It has happened to all of us, and boy does it suck.

Replies 1 - 10 of 15 Next › Last »
Measure wrote
at 10:35 PM, Saturday October 21, 2006 EDT
I disagree. While the timeout problem should be investigated and fixed, there is no way for a player to know whether the other person timed out due to a bug, or if they walked away from the computer. There's not enough time to ask in chat, generally, and if a player thinks litte enough about his hand to walk away from the computer, then by all means you should raise so that he folds out.
ferg wrote
at 8:43 AM, Sunday October 22, 2006 EDT
people with 1500, why dont you try make a bit on the small tables before going all-in on the big tables. i think ye'll have more luck
Coyotlboy wrote
at 1:09 PM, Monday October 23, 2006 EDT
How about: Thou shalt not play more than one table at once, unless thoust can keep from delaying the play on any table due to paying attention to the other table.
bowlby4 wrote
at 6:47 PM, Monday October 23, 2006 EDT
If you have crap, fold or check. Don't just let the time run out. Some players do it every hand or worst every bet. Real annoying.
IRS wrote
at 12:32 PM, Monday November 6, 2006 EST
I disagree ferq.

If a person wants to try their luck at the big tables, they then run the risk of needing to refill. If they lose twice in a row, they are gone for 10 minutes.
The $ is there for everyone, not jsut special people, as yo consider yourself.
kmlau wrote
at 5:43 PM, Monday November 6, 2006 EST
I agree with IRS there. If they want to all in in the big tables with 1500, its fair game. :)
geff wrote
at 9:37 AM, Tuesday November 7, 2006 EST
But i think that you are all out of subject... sexy was saying that sometimes people play and sit out because of lag and not because of bad intension ... it happen to me sometimes and i agree that there should be more fairplay and less dislike
dread_money wrote
at 12:01 PM, Sunday November 19, 2006 EST
Oon the small stacks thread, I think ferg was offering advice, which I think is good advice. I have no problem with the small stacks as they have little impact other than to feed the big stacks most times. As to the lag thread, I have no strong opinion either way. The major ethics issue I have is the abusive jerks, especially when they masquerade as other players. All for now.
cAPSLOCK wrote
at 1:27 AM, Saturday December 2, 2006 EST
Yeah... I almost wanted to say "Shhhhh!" to ferg. ;)
Dr-Claw wrote
at 10:41 PM, Sunday December 3, 2006 EST
Be nice! Ive heard some real nastey abuse and taken some myself but surely there no need for it not matter what reason . Theres table banter and thers abuse , have thoughts for others feelings.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary