Forum

Cheats Among Us
Elwood wrote
at 9:47 PM, Wednesday November 8, 2006 EST
Just to let you know, Ryan, I'll not ever play at a table with Mutt, Sasakzootoo or Chaos Freak again. Mutt gave each something over 100grand earlier tonight doubling their bank, or better. I had high regard for all three before this, but no more, and I won't play with cheats.

Replies 1 - 10 of 32 Next › Last »
TheMick wrote
at 10:09 PM, Wednesday November 8, 2006 EST
Sorry to hear this. Kinda invalidates the ranking system don't it. Guess I'll not be playing with those fellas either. Mutt; ain't he a good friend of Ryan's? Hmmmmmm
Ryan wrote
at 11:00 PM, Wednesday November 8, 2006 EST
I think this is a gray area. Is it cheating to give your money to a friend? At a real money table it would be ok. I don't think I should ban them for this, (unless Mutt cheated to get extra money somehow).

I think the best way to handle this is to do what you guys are suggesting and not play against them.

Another way to look at is is that if they didn't earn the money that mutt gave them then they probably won't be able to hold on to it. In that case it would be good to play agaist them cause it would be easy to take their money.

And I can consider Mutt a friend just as anyone who enjoys playing on this site, but we don't know each other outside of gpokr.
StevenL wrote
at 12:00 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
I agree with ryan.... Don't play with em if ya feel it's cheating, but i don't consider it cheating, because you could do it at a real money table.
Bluffer wrote
at 1:21 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
I agree with Elwood, it is too bad and kind of juvinile that one has to cheat at on line poker, surprized that they would do this, thanks elwood for letting us know, we have now all been warned, maybe ryan could put a red flag by there name for evryone knows
Elwood wrote
at 9:35 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
If gpokr were a real money table, Ryan, I wouldn't care either, but this is more like a World Series of Poker tournament format where everyone starts out with the same amount of money and play for prizes (in gpokr's case, blinks & recognition at the end of the month). One would not be allowed to "loan" a buddy any money at a real-world tournament table. Good Lord, Sasakzootoo has half a dozen blinks (or more) by his name. How many were earned, and how many were gifts from Mutt? The 3 cheater's willingness to cheat has reduced the value of those blinks to zero.

If you'll recall, I didn't ask that you do anything about the 3 offenders. I simply wanted to alert other players to their activities. Let them continue to play and amass a fortune in meaningless blinks. I simply won't play at a table they play.
Ryan wrote
at 10:07 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
That's a good point about tournament play.

Although I'm assuming they did this over a poker hand, (theres no other way), and that would be aloud at a tournament simply because there's no way of knowing if it was legitimate playing or friends passing money around.

With that said, I'd like to discourage this type of lending as much as possible. I want the performance history to be accurate. I'll try to think of ways to discourage this and welcome ideas.

Measure wrote
at 10:40 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
This kind of thing happens at every free-money poker site I've ever played. I don't know that there's a way to stop it.
Elwood wrote
at 10:57 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
I worked really hard last month to get into the top 100 and get one of those cute little blinks. It's now disappointing to find out that it's worthless. What's worse is finding out that people I once had a lot of respect for are less than honest. That's sad. :-(
devil wrote
at 11:04 AM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
you know what if it makes you all feel any better one of those guys lost all of their money.... check it out
Elwood wrote
at 1:30 PM, Thursday November 9, 2006 EST
Sorry; that last entry should have been in quotes. It was left in my comments by Kristine.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary