Forum

Cheats Among Us
Elwood wrote
at 9:47 PM, Wednesday November 8, 2006 EST
Just to let you know, Ryan, I'll not ever play at a table with Mutt, Sasakzootoo or Chaos Freak again. Mutt gave each something over 100grand earlier tonight doubling their bank, or better. I had high regard for all three before this, but no more, and I won't play with cheats.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 21 - 30 of 32 Next › Last »
MuTT wrote
at 2:10 PM, Saturday November 11, 2006 EST
You tell him kitty :)
dread_money wrote
at 3:07 PM, Saturday November 11, 2006 EST
So any time someone makes a stupid call or a bluff is it to be assumed they are 'giving' their money to a 'friend'? I have a lot of friends I guess... Mutt, Chaos, and Sas are always welcome players at any table I am at. And if they want to 'give' me chips, I will try to be gracious about it. Considering how many times Mutt has risen high in the rankings he must have a lot of rich friends...
dread_money wrote
at 3:17 PM, Saturday November 11, 2006 EST
Oh, and Elwood, you might want to avoid my tables also as I once 'gave' Guybrush 750K+ one month. And I foolishly thought I was on tilt...
gratjim wrote
at 2:54 PM, Monday November 13, 2006 EST
Just my 2 cts..

Fist of all, don't make it personal attacks.
Some people maybe just discovered it, but these "friends exchanges" occur almost every day, since a long time, and involve MANY players/accounts (maybe hundreds of them..).
So we can discuss about the issue without naming people in particular.

Maybe, in some cases, there are abuses of these "gifts"..
Maybe, in some cases, they are more "legitimate" and/or "acceptable".
As Ryan said, "this is a gray area"...
As is the entire gpokr site : it's a mix between freedom, friendship, and competition (based upon poker)
If you pay too much attention to one side, you'll for sure lose the others.
- some players taking it too "seriously" become angry when they lose, insult others players in chat or sit-in with an acct named "F..k XXXX".
- some players taking it too "fun" do silly bets or go all-in every hand, perturbing the normal play as well.
(and if u suppress friends, u will for sure not have anymore friends gifts..)

Ryan said he's welcome to ideas, so all we need is to work together and find a system which doesn't exclude anybody to play here, and will fit everyone's needs (at least most of us's).
..for my part, i DO working on that..
Bluffer wrote
at 6:35 PM, Tuesday November 14, 2006 EST
LETS ALL JSUT GET ALONG, REMEMBER, IN THE BIG PICTURE, IT IS ONLY ON LINE POKER, ENJOY!
craptacular_kid wrote
at 10:28 PM, Tuesday November 14, 2006 EST
My hope, since I'm apparently not going to be asked to be a moderator (hint, hint) would be that Ryan adopts a laissez faire posture and lets the Gpokr community settle this amongst themselves. If you don't want to play against people that you feel don't have the same values as you, don't play. If you're so concerned about getting "blinks" or turds or whatever they're called, start making a list of people you don't agree with and then post your own list of who should have "actually" got the month's awards. I came here to play poker against real people, the pay tables of the big gambling sites have simply been overrun by various bots and there were no real people playing or chatting and it was boring. Everyone that's SOOOO concerned about what happens in here and gets all wound up about some players' methods of play need to remember two simple things: 1) this is a FREE site, you're not paying anything to be here and you can't make or lose REAL money in here and 2) it's just a GAME, people, and games should be fun or they're considered WORK. Now everyone quit bitching and come to my table and give me your money.
Mr._Fawlty wrote
at 8:36 AM, Wednesday November 15, 2006 EST
PLEASE: Stop whimpering!!
You're not wedded to Sybil. I had to cheat all my life ...
MuTT is a samaritan in my view.
Mr.Big wrote
at 3:58 PM, Wednesday November 15, 2006 EST
well said Kid, couldn't have put any better myself. This site is free!! and we're all here to have a good time and play poker with all OUR friends.....let's stop the DRAMA and have a good time bros/chicks....peace out y'all!!!
SpecialK wrote
at 7:08 AM, Thursday November 16, 2006 EST
[Bluffer said: LETS ALL JSUT GET ALONG, REMEMBER, IN THE BIG PICTURE, IT IS ONLY ON LINE POKER, ENJOY! ]

Very funny comment after you are the one who stirred the pot by agreeing with Elwood in the first place.

I do agree that we all get along, but come on...stir the kettle and then comment like that.

A better response would have been, "I am sorry for getting this going".

Just sticking up for a friend of mine.

a wOOf for MuTT...
deeez wrote
at 6:57 PM, Thursday November 16, 2006 EST
you guys need to get real. dignity and ethics? cmon, its play-money, they can do whatever they want with it once they win it. Mutt and Chaos: lets play!
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary